*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
MyCKHealth Secure Messaging – Contract Terms & Conditions of Use
What is myCKHealth Patient Portal and Secure Messaging?
MyCKHealth Patient Portal and Secure Messaging (myCKHealth), is an Internet program that allows a patient to have secure web-based access to parts of his/her electronic medical record and allows secure communications between the patient and the doctor and or other health care providers like nurse practitioners or physician assistants and/ or the doctor’s office. Use of this service is optional. The point of access for myCKHealth Patient Portal is: https://myckhealth.crozer.org.
If you wish to use this service, you must read this form, and e-sign when you register your myCKHealth Patient Portal account to show that you have read, understood and either you agree or do not agree to the terms and conditions below.
Secure Messaging Guidelines and Your Responsibilities:
1. Your login name and password protect the confidentiality of your health information. Please DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone. MyCKHealth is directly linked to your drug, allergy and problem lists that are part of your medical chart. Sharing your password will give others access to your parts of your myCKHealth record which includes these items and access to sensitive diagnoses.
2. Please DO NOT send any messages requiring urgent attention. MyCKHealth is NOT for emergencies or urgent care needs. In the case of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
3. Usually, you can expect your requests to be handled in two (2) or three (3) business days.
4. The provider will only email you at the email address you have provided. Please note that myCKHealth messages may be viewed by other health care providers, administrators and others who work with your doctor and his/her practice. You should not use myCKHealth for highly sensitive health information such as AIDS/HIV, mental health or substance abuse treatment information.
5. MyCKHealth is best used for simple matters like setting up appointments, asking for drug refills, and referrals. MyCKHealth should not be used for complex medical questions.
6. Neither myCKHealth, nor any other program on this site, is a substitute for timely contact and consultation with your doctor. You should never change or stop any course of treatment ordered by your doctor before asking him or her. Also, emails sent by you must have specific and detailed requests / questions. If not enough information is given in your email, we may not be able to help you.
7. Please be aware that not all of your doctors and health care providers use myCKHealth, so they may not be aware of information that is in your myCKHealth medical record.
8. A person must be age 18 or older to request a personal account to use myCKHealth. However, a person under the age of 18 who: (i) has graduated high school, (ii) has married, or (iii) has been pregnant may request a personal account to use myCKHealth for himself/herself.
9. You agree that all emails sent through myCKHealth will be about your own health condition(s). Please DO NOT send messages that are unrelated to your health condition(s). All emails between you and your provider will be moved within a reasonable period of time to your permanent medical record. Asking for advice on behalf of another person (that is not you) could be harmful to you or the other person and is a violation of this Agreement.
10. Patients who are users of myCKHealth will be required to create their account and verify their identity on myCKHealth. Patients will be told when there is new medical information to be viewed on myCKHealth. This means that any person with access to a patient’s e-mail will be able to see this alert. This could include your spouse, employer or anyone else that can access a patient’s e-mail account. Although no private medical information will be sent, the alert that new medical information is available on myCKHealth may be information that a patient would not want others to know. Remember this when you provide an email address. You should avoid using your employer’s computer for myCKHealth secure messaging.
11. By accessing or using myCKHealth you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We may change this agreement and its terms and conditions at any time and you agree that such changes are effective immediately upon posting of the changed version on myCKHealth.
12. You agree that myCKHealth is an email service offered as a convenience to patients. You understand that it provides you online access to parts of your electronic medical record and that you are solely responsible for any sharing of its content that you intentionally or unintentionally tell others.
13. Privacy: HAN has in place policies and procedures regarding access to medical records by our staff and employees and has outlined the circumstances under which your medical information may be released to parties outside the organization. These policies conform to state and federal law and are designed to safeguard your privacy. For more information regarding how HAN may use and share patient information please refer to the Crozer-Keystone Health System Notice of Privacy Practices at http://www.crozerkeystone.org/pdf/PrivacyPracticesNotice_v2.pdf.
14. Security: MyCKHealth must be accessed with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) compatible browser or terminal (Netscape or Internet Explorer versions 7.0 or greater). Our SSL web server uses authentication and 128-bit encryption technology. You can tell when you are secure by looking at the location (URL) field. If the URL begins with https:// (instead of http://), the document comes from a secure server. This means your data cannot be read or deciphered by unauthorized individuals.
15. Canceling Use of myCKHealth: You can stop using myCKHealth at anytime by writing to, or calling your doctor’s office or you can un-enroll from your use of MyCKHealth Medical Record access at any time by completing the appropriate online request to un-enroll.
16. If we decide that you have broken this Agreement and/or abused the use of this service, or for any other reason, we can stop your use of this service at any time. You will be notified if we cancel your myCKHealth access. If we cancel your myCKHealth access as described in this section, you will not be able to access any of your electronic medical records even if those records are with other doctors who use this service.
17. Any conflicts related to this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
18. Exclusion of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. MYCKHEALTH IS PROVIDED AS IS, AND YOUR USE OF IT IS EXCLUSIVELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE USE OF MYCKHEALTH OR THE MATERIALS IN IT, AND DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ACCURACY OR QUALITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS YOU ACCESS MYCKHEALTH OR DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FROM IT.
19. You may access a copy of this agreement at any time by clicking on: https://myckhealth.crozer.org/portal/Help+Terms+of+Use/Terms+Conditions+of+Use/default.aspx